The International Strategic Management Association (ISMA) was established in 1993 as a non-profit, non-governmental organization. It is an international academic institution, with participation open to all persons involved or interested in business and economics. The opportunity to participate as a member of ISMA includes a subscription either in the European Research Studies Journal (ERSJ) or the International Journal of Economics and Business Administration (IJEBA) or the International Journal in Maritime, Trade & Economic Issues (IJMTEI). Members can submit their papers to the above journals at a reduced submission fee and have the right to attend the annual International Conference on Applied Business and Economics (ICABE) at a reduced registration fee.
The association’s main objectives are:
- to contribute to the development and implementation of strategic business and economics as science and practice in Europe;
- to improve communication and exchange ideas between professors, researchers, professionals and students in business and economics all over Europe, to develop and support cooperation between educational and research institutions across Europe;
- to bridge the gap between Eurozone member states with European states in transition;
- to encourage common interests and create new opportunities for cooperation among researchers from all over the world;
- to promote the idea of sustainable development worldwide;
- to promote the idea of European integration by stimulating research on the process of European integration and International Economics through publications in the relevant journals and the organization of conferences, workshops and related activities.
In pursuing these objectives, the ISMA is particularly keen to promote closer ties between theory-oriented and policy-oriented scientists and among students across Europe. The ISMA collaborate as a complementary and non-competitive basis, with existing national and international business and economic associations.